I have another question for the board members. I continue to paper trade via TOS (because the software works on my iMac and I have yet to purchase a pc laptop). Last night, I shorted the eur/usd for 50K at 1.4414, with a trailing stop of +75 pips. The eur/usd dropped 150+ pips to 1.4255 by 6pm this afternoon and the "BP effect" went from ($700-something) to $500-something. Then around 6pm (CST), I noticed that my "average price" (entry price) had changed from last night's 1.4414 to 1.4255, and the BP effect went from the previous $500-something back down to ($800-something).
My plan was to let the short position ride until my trailing stop got triggered. Is the 6pm roll over at the "then current price" a standard practice, and if so, doesn't that defeat the purpose of letting a position ride until the stop is triggered?
When creating a new thread, note which subforum you are in. Here is a short list of suggestions:
- Topic: Anything to do with an Elite indicator -> Subforum: The Elite Circle
- Topic: Looking for an existing indicator, or how-to use an indicator -> Subforum: (the platform)
- Topic: Programmer needing help with non-Elite indicator -> Subforum: (the platform) - Programming
- Topic: Want an indicator created/modified -> Reply to "Want indicator created free" in Elite Circle
- Topic: Vendors (trading rooms, commercial indicators) -> Subforum: Vendors/Product Reviews
- Topic: Discussion of Forex or Currency trading -> Subforum: Forex and Currency Trading
- Topic: Journals of your trading -> Subforum: Trading Journals or Elite Trading Journals
- Topic: General trading related discussions -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Discussion of a trading method -> Subforum: Traders Hideout
- Topic: Automated Trading -> Subforum: Elite Automated Trading
Last, any Elite Member may create more or less any of these topics in The Elite Circle at your own discretion (your support is appreciated).
This is just a short general list and doesn't cover everything. If you are unsure where to create your new thread, just create it in Traders Hideout and a moderator will move it if necessary.
-- Big Mike Trading
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
I've never used TOS myself but from my experience with forex brokers none of what your saying is going on makes sense to me. Did you open another posistion on something else while you still had your open posistion on the E/U. You should call them.