Careful getting off topic, or you might be banned from his trading room, like me; cause its by invite only.....LOL
Its all good, learned more from Charles than I ever dreamed of; Still, a Great man, awesome trader!!!
This is my first post ever - and I'd like to say thanks foremost for the information you have provided here. For a new trader such as myself, this is like gold dust!
I have a few questions I'd like to ask. Just to note, I have read the entire thread - it took me 2 weeks to take it all in properly. This was at the beginning of August and I am still just looking at historical data trying to master the system.
1. When looking for stochastic divergences, hidden or standard, do you compare neighbouring peaks/troughs only, or can you compare the first and third peak for example?
2. Still on stoch divergences, I am a little confused on when I'm looking for W's and when I should be looking for M's. Should I be looking for both at all times or is it W's in down trends, M's in uptrends? Or something else?
3. (This question is unfortunately very much related to my newness...) With rollover last week, should I be looking at 12-11 data now, or is the momentum still with 09-11?
1. You are comparing where the Stochastic was on the previous hook in the Zig Zag indicator to where it is currently. If you are in a downtrend and price is making a lower high but the stochastic is higher than it was at the previous zigzag hook then you have a hidden divergence
2. Per the basic rules we only trade "W's" in an uptrend and "M's" in a downtrend. the basic method does not take counter trend trades
3. I am curious what is going on also, I am still trading the 9-11 contract but also watching the volume on the 12-11. I will not personally switch contracts until the volume switches
The following 4 users say Thank You to cjbooth for this post:
What's going on with the Ichimoku being used in this thread? The cloud is not printing out to the right as usual.
I'm using ThinkOrSwim so I can't just download the indi provided here, and am not sure if I can duplicate what you're using here in TOS. Anyone with an idea what I need to do to the TOS indi in order to modify it to display like yours? Seems like I may need to displace it back 26 bars?
Since I'm limited in which tick timeframes I can use, I'll try 1600tick and 400tick.
Here's a pick of what the Ichimoku looks like on a 1600 tick chart of 6E.
I think I figured it out. I think the cloud in Charles' indicator is just the current spread between the Tenkan and Kijun. That is what the usual ichinoku cloud is, only it's displaced forward by a predefined number of bars. So I should be able to code up a TOS equivalent just using the T-K spread and not displacing it.
I am curious to know, how many did buy the Kwik pop package to stay abreast of Charle's method and what's your impression so far ? In what area of your trading did this package help you ? confidence, more accurate enties/stops or targets etc.
Well I did purchase it. I first did the Lines only which were helpful. Then after some thought and trials I did the full KP/JSS combo. At first I was not that impressed with kwip Pop, I had indicators that did pretty much the same, but the more I learn and watch, it really has a much better theory and performs well. So I have to say, I was wrong with my first hunch of the KP system, but glad I did move forward.
My theory on the costs to justify it, If It keeps me out of 1 less loosing trade per month, then I have broken even, worked less and made more profit. So far it has surpassed that.
My entries as much more accurate, that is for sure. While others may not take a trade, or hesitate I am usually in and Positive in the trade. While it still does not give me a better exit, I will say it is more my level and style of trading. I do run a large amount of contracts on each trade, so I do not need to get every tick.
Targets are based on the lines, so if I need to do a extra trade, I will wait for a new setup, and valid entry point to go again.
I will take the best trades of the crop, and get out of it at the first sign of weakness. I would rather take a decent profit, than hold and sweat it out, though most of the time it is right, the system is telling you to stay or get out, I need to learn more trust in it, then I will hold longer as I develop that trust in it.
I typically only need 10 ticks a day, to hit my goal. So if I see anything that gives me a concern, I will get out. If I have to wait for one more trade, then I will to get my target.
The following 3 users say Thank You to drytlewski322 for this post: