The only guy in my town that offers CQG is Newedge and I would need a $1 million account to clear with them. The other clearing houses offer TT, PATS, RTS, and something from Sunguard. I've trained on the RTS RTD Tango system and love it, but it costs a bomb.
In terms of innovation and continuous product improvement, CQG and RTS seem to lead the way.
The following user says Thank You to MXASJ for this post:
Big Mike I have been using CQG Trader for about 6 weeks now so would be happy to share my experiences. I have next to no experience with X-trader but would like to try this DOM also
I switched from the NT DOM as I was tired of the stability problems especially when I have live trades on. I think the features of the NT DOM are fine I just can't live with the problems so decided to switch.
Here's a few things that so far I like;
* Look and feel of the DOM
* Ease of using OCO's - I now don't miss the ATM strategies but I'm not a scalper so this was never super important
* The CQG Performance monitor that let's me know when my network connection to their servers is slow
* The quality of the data feed that keeps up even in big moves when Ninja freezes up. This feels good.
* The quality of their phone support (Supurb). This is very refreshing.
* The fact that trailing stops are regular stops are not stored on my local PC but rather on their servers. What you are paying for with CQG is the quality of their IT Infrastructure. If you hold overnight this can be important allowing you to breath a little easier.
* The ease of canceling a stop and then changing it to a trailing stop if you change your mind
* The ease of use of the Heads Up Display (HUD) order entry method
* There are no trade stats like NT has. This would be a great addition to the product.
Other than that I am so far quite pleased with CQG and will not be switching back to NT DOM.
Hope this helps.
The following 7 users say Thank You to trumpy for this post:
So I've only been on the site about a week now and have noticed you're looking for an alternative to NT's dom. Is there any reason you've ruled out Infinity AT? Just haven't seen you mention it but know it's a popular alternative which I've personally used.
Sorry, I've not pursued it any more due to lack of time right now. I still want to take a look at it, just to see what if anything I am missing. One day.
Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.
Need help? 1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first. 2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses. 3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make. 4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance. 5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers. 6) Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.
If you want to support our community, become an Elite Member.
The following user says Thank You to Big Mike for this post:
I just took a look at CQG trader today and it has the cumulative volume at each price like x-trader and with Velocity the bundled fee commissions are cheaper than x-trader so I plan to try it out. I need to confirm they have simulator for the markets I trade.
The following 2 users say Thank You to cunparis for this post: