using ninja7 with CQG data thru AmpFutures.
ninja 7 7.0.1.000.9
data has been working well, but now has stopped backfilling with historical data when i bring up a chart...
talked to AMP about it and he said Upgrade to latest version of Ninja 7 ,,,,, do you think that would solve the problem ? (not at all impressed with Amp tech support so far, would go again with Mirus to do over again)
it will save the realtime data that accumulates as the chart is open.
i am using CQG also as the backup datafeed connection for historical data in the account connections. i tried using IB data for the backup but didnt find that altered the outcome of the problem.
can you suggest any solutions for this ?
Has CQG/Amp changed their data such that will not work on my older version of Ninja ?
Note: I am able to switch data providers to IB and i find that it updates perfectly using IB data... so some how it is related to CQG..?
and if i right click on a chart while using the CQG data, i notice the "reload all historical data" box is greyed out?? as though CQG isnt supplying historical data for some reason...
Trade what you see, not what you think.
"The better the mechanic, the fewer the tools"
"Futures Trading is risky and can cause substantial financial gain"
Just a few important distinctions to bear in mind. The CQG datafeed provided to customers of Amp is not really the full CQG product: I believe the realtime data that is pushed to you is direct and live via CQG (through Amp's infrastructure?) but any historical data you request in order to update your NT7 charts, comes from dedicated historical servers that the NinjaTrader folks operate and create by having captured the realtime CQG stream, and storing it in what they state is the same collocated environment alongside the actual full-and-proper CQG servers.
That means that when you start up NT7, and if the market for your charted instruments has been open for say an hour, (and you have NT7 set to request historical data for gaps) - the data will be sent to you through a connection established to those NT7 servers, where they captured the historical (CQG) data onto.
You can check your log tab of NT7 at the time when you launch NT7, to see that there is a primary and secondary connection established to retrieve historical data - I suspect in your circumstance, one of them is failing, and not getting authorization.
FWIW, there were reports of other users having similar problems, over in the NT support forums, so, I suspect NT changed something around the turn of the new year. Updating NT to the latest version is quite transparent, and, that is the first thing to undertake, as there is no reason to avoid it.
The following user says Thank You to Beljevina for this post: