My question is: if she is supposed to only trade say a max of 3 contracts and she is adding and opens 6, why not just set the margin per contract such that she can not actually open more than 3? (for example, if her account is 20K, then make her intraday required margin $6000?
hi...good info in the thread. thnx to all for their comments....it helps
have a few q's... if anyone with VK could pitch in.
1. is there a big difference in charts ..if someone goes with VK data feed...rather than IQ or something. Do they offer unfiltered tick? If u used Investor RT...have u seen a difference in the chart data ?
2. what is the typical format of the chat rooms....r trades called in there....or just education.............if trades are called..is it different from the twitter feed.
3. any idea on current requirements to open account?...opening funds?....min balance...etc
4. is the methodology mostly MP....or also looking at divergences....algo's etc. Not sure if u can share this info.....so if u cannot...no probs.
1.VK's data seems pretty good which means you can use their data with the $15 DTN backfeed on IRT and save $ making IRT's charting just under $100/month, and if you don't have it yet Anthony (Head Broker) will set you up with a free trial. However, FT71 does IQ for his data so to have the exact setup he uses you would have to pay for that which would bring the IRT plus data total closer to $200/month.
2. The chat is educational, as opposed to just a live calls room, but some traders do share their trades and homework levels which is encouraged. There is a wide range of knowledge from newbies to FT71 and its a constructive atmosphere of traders helping traders. Also FT71 usually does a live trading session or 2 every week where he opens a live webinar sharing his charts and narrating the market/trading and answering questions in real time. These are worth the switch alone.
3. Last I heard it was 10k min to open but word was that would be raising soon and I'm not sure if it has yet or not.
4. The majority of methodology talked about at VK is Auction Market Theory and Volume Profile, as FT71 is the best in the industry at it, but many other methods are used by the traders there and it is encouraged.
The following user says Thank You to stang3O2 for this post: