For those that have read Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, I would like to create a Trading "MasterMind" group.
I am a business grad who has committed to make Trading my career. I have spent the last 10 months dedicated to trading 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
I am looking for a trading mentor/group of traders who have been able to create their own successful trading business.
I believe that trading is one of the greatest opportunities of our time. I would like to learn from these mentors and eventually mentor traders as well.
I have just recently become an Elite Member at futures.io (formerly BMT) so I have a lot of content to go through and I hope to chat will you in in the forums. I will become more active in contributing with all my experience as well as findings and collaborations with other traders in the near future.
I have much more to say but I will save it for other threads and posts. Hopefully some responses to my introduction will spur some other topics for future discussions and posts that will benefit the trading community. Also PM me if you can help mentor a serious trader or can include me in your MasterMind group.
Welcome, and congrats on becoming a futures.io (formerly BMT) elite member! You will see for yourself in short time that it could be the best money you ever spent.
Are you considering only a group with the principles of Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill?....or are you open minded to learning new methodolgy, techniques? Either way I wish you success. All the tools are here, you just have to get into them. Webinars are a great way to start, then you can follow up with the 'ask any question' thread relating to it. You'll find that most futures.io (formerly BMT)'rs are quite willing to help if you know what you're looking for....and quite willing even if you don't. And if you can't fine what your looking for post in the chatbox, you'll get a response I'm sure from some of our more 'seasoned' traders.
I saw your posting about an Elite group. I am not sure if that will help or distract but I am interested either way.
I love to share and to learn new ideas.
I built a professional Partnership of General and Limited Partners. We have been in business since 2009. We have not quit our day jobs but have had some success. We have had some drawdowns but this did not rattle our confidence and we have just pushed through it.
Here are some general lessons learned from my perspective:
- Getting people on the same page with your ideas is hard.
- Many people want quick answers and can be blinded by greed and thier own ego.
- One has to have a strategy(s) with an edge and trading rules that do not breakdown when market conditions changes.
- Market conditions will change that is a fact.
- Successful trading is about managing your process not just watching the Daily and Monthly P&L. Good P&L's are the results of good performance.
- I always try to think in probabilites
- I always plan around risk. If I see or believe the probability is higher I would be willing to risk more. The reverse also holds true. If I like the trading idea but not sure of the probability or question myself then I risk less.
My goal is to learn more ideas and trading strategies that stand the test of time. I believe in trying to keep things simple. I am not out to build that newest, best indicator as that can blind people to think something must be new to work and that is not the case.
So those are some of my thoughts for now
The following user says Thank You to spreadhead for this post: