I too have blown up a couple accounts over the past several years trying to learn to consistently make a living at this crooked game. I ran across this site and decided to see if tehre was any info here that would help me get back on track. I am not sure if I can contribute very much, but I will try. I am a Engineer by trade and can program in easy language and C# if someone needs help.
Happy New Year all! Have been trading for about 3 years - mostly ES - struggled and spent a lot of money learning and trading. Realize it is all about applying what I know, refining into what really works for myself and my own individual style. It has been a tough road and I still love it. This year would like to expand into trading other markets. In that last few months have discovered range bars which are great. This is a terrific forum and it is incredible to discover traders helping each other. It is such a tough road and paved with a lot of bumpy spots and many
potholes. Thanks Mike.
I am a novice trader with nothing to brag about; not even tales of losses in the markets. I have limited time in front of the computer and a lot of interruptions. I am aaspiring to be a steady trader and I am looking to see if day trading is for me.
I am afraid my contributions will be scant for now as I am looking around to "catch" information. I have found, though, that a lot of information exists out there but no body really teaches one good method, the excuse being "depends on your personality" or "depends on your risk tolerance". Is there really no objective method to trade given all the data available???
Hi, I'm old-new guy in daytrading from CZ. First time I started with daytrading in early 2008 and I immediatelly stopped as I've lost 8% of my account in approximatelly 30 minutes (no such drawdown in backtests). Then due to 2-3 FTE spent for my job I've suspended trading (some activities were made on vacation, but it is limited). Now I've adjusted my work to part-time and doing activities to start day trading again. (I've started approximately 2 months ago).
I found that for me to trade successfully I have to know the Elliot wave and the Fibonatti and the Harmonic Pattern. I am working night and day at getting my arms around all of this. The other thing which I found important is to work on my subconciousmind to help me stick with my rules and strategy. I want to share mp3 Self Hypnosis materials specifically develop to support traders. Can anyone give me guidance as to how I can post it.
I live in the UK
I have been reaserching and Learning about Trading for 2 1/2 years traded live for 6 months last year, had the sense to stop and not completly blow out my account had made every wrong move in the book. Found this site last week and seems a very genuine bunch of people (which I reckon is Rare in trading circles). I settled on trading the ES and ZB but am unsure if the ZF is better? Am still looking to settle on a trading method and any help or pointers would be welcome.
The following 2 users say Thank You to slug for this post:
Hello Mike, and everyone,
Sorry I did not post anything since I registered. No excuses!!!
I trade for few years now, started with Gann with the help of IDS in Uk (manchester), then I wanted to move to currencies and made a big desaster, but now everything is under control. I like to trade 1 min chart with the help of 5/15/1h/4h/ and daily. I mainly trade gbp/yen because on nice legs on 1 min. Euro is fine but short legs.
I would like to learn a bit more , like to take trades without indicators....I feel it's difficult but probably possible as it's possible to drive 100km/hour on snow....
I wish a very happy new year to all, with lots of pips.
I am just following the volume spike strategy with inside bars and am getting stopped out 80% of the time. Can't figure out where I am going wrong. In hindsight things seem to be working very well. Do you have any particular strategy which has a good success rate.
You are most welcome Mahesh. I tested out 2 strategies (Divergence and SMAs crossover) before and not happy with the results. Guess my personal preference counts too, ie knowing what's going on and not counting on auto-trades.
I am not sure if Big Mike has a strategy thread. You may want to check it out and/or start a thread yourself. 80% SL seems high to me. However, if the remaining 20% recovers the losses + making more $$ within a specified timeframe (acceptable to you), it may still work.