Unique Indicator Names Please!!!! | Feedback and Announcements

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Feedback and Announcements

Have a suggestion or other feedback for the futures.io forum? This section also contains news and site announcements related to the futures.io forums

Unique Indicator Names Please!!!!

Arcata, CA

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: index futures, oil

RJay View Post
Hi All,

I downloaded two new indicators this morning from the download area.

When I attempted to import them I was notified that I already had indicators with those names.

If the latest posting update is by the original auther? I understand using the same name.

If another member posts their version of an existing indicator, Please assign it a unique name!!!

Although "volumestop_v3" and "SMI2 no repaint" are titled differently, the indicator names are the same.

I was forced to rename the existing indicators before importing the new ones to prevent deletion of the original indicators.

Thanks for listening,

RJay

Thanks, RJay... you got me off my butt to post coding standards... posted as a Sticky in Programmers' Paradise... comments and suggestions welcomed!

I'll get some pictures together to make it clearer to understand... and I imagine there will be some modifications as I hear from others.

The following 2 users say Thank You to Saroj for this post: