Virtual Private Servers | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Virtual Private Servers

Membership Revoked
Szczecin

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja, writing own now

dgresens View Post
NetTecture -

The platform I'm on is a Traders Virtual Desktop (x64) 2GB RAM, 15G hard drive, 1000GB traffic, Power (CPU Share) 4 CPU CORES INCLUDED, Windows 2003 R2 (Hyper-V) at $95.00/month. As I said, I'm not unhappy with the service, I just think there might be cheaper alternatives.

I trade on the TradeStation platform. No complicated algos, just 8 windows that autotrade on a trend/counter-trend and gap fill basis. Probably average about 50 trades/month - all day trades.

No random reboots, updates are on Saturday...I really don't do anything with it, except monitor it. Again - maybe there are cheaper alternatives, would love to hear what others are doing.

Sadly that does not really say a lot. 2gb - ok, that is nice. 15gb hard disc is tiny. 4 cpu cures included, shaerd - does not really say how much you have there.

That said, I think the price is quite ok. Dont forget you have out of business day maintenance there (Saturday). You probably also should have hosting with connetiosn to financial networks as fast as possible, though I am not sure TradeStation is good there to take advantage from that. If you save 20-30 USD there per month, it wont make a difference in money, but may in quality of service you get when things get bad.

Page generated 2018-11-18 in 0.06 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix