Ten-thousand in Education and still not profitable! | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Ten-thousand in Education and still not profitable!

Amsterdam

Trading Experience: None
Platform: J.A.R.V.I.S.
Favorite Futures: Derivatives

Original poster, what is your definition of "consistently profitable"? e.g. what winrate, time frame or frame of reference do you use?

Investing is by definition a zero-sum game, someone has to take the other side of the trade. Essentially, everything revolves around the net present value of your dollar. To increase capital, only place bets with a positive expectation value and accept the variance of your system. If you do not have the confidence to follow your system remain in the R&D phase to create a system that fits your personal requirements.

It is a fact is that it takes time and massive effort to excel in anything, as a daytrader one has to face fierce competition. Namely amateur and professional villains, and institutions across the world that employ their capital in the same instruments as you are betting on. The question is what is your specific edge?

If you favor to do a fundamental analysis e.g. analyzing the balance sheet, income statement, cash flows, etc. You might want to look into trading with a longer time horizon. Such as value investing like Warren Buffet, Benjamin Graham and Whitney Tilson.

I am convinced that your quest for "proof" is a mere distraction from your goal to make money as you stated. Why is this so important to you? Consider that their past performance does not guarantee their success in the future. It might be useful to take notes based on their methods however it might not be suitable for your trading style.

These are just my 2 cents.

The following 4 users say Thank You to Cogito ergo sum for this post: