Blue Wave Trading | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Blue Wave Trading

canada

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninja
Favorite Futures: ES CL

I agree with you, after 3 years of trading this and that, recently I found what you explained here and now I am focusing in my indicator trying to predict the price.
Thanks,
Masoud

monpere View Post
People, there's nothing wrong with indicators, the problem is most users are looking for an indicator to put on the chart and instantly get 95% winning blue arrows without understanding the indicator. I can go toe-to-toe with price action analysis with the best of them, but I choose purely indicator based trading, using the most common and free indicators you can find, RSI, and Stochastics. I exclusively trade divergence, let me see anyone trade divergence without an indicator, hehe

What you need to do is choose a small set of indicators, and learn them inside out, just like price action traders learn price patterns, indicator traders need to learn the behavior of their indicators. I have studied my indicators enough that I can look at the price action, and pretty much tell you what my indicators would look like during that price action. I don't analyze the market, and almost don't even need to look at price action, I trade indicator pictures, when my indicator gives me a certain picture, I don't hesitate to pull the trigger, because all the price action analysis is built in to that indicator pattern. You can trade very successfully and stress free with indicators, but you need to learn the behavior of your indicator(s) inside and out.