Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com)

Bala, PA, USA

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: Mirus, IB
Favorite Futures: SPY, Oil, Euro

trendisyourfriend View Post
Curious your conclusion regarding the MACD. I have always understood that a broken divergence may be a strong signal that we are in a trending market. The first broken signal should alert you to this possibility.

I am not a discretionary trader, I am a mechanical trader, I take every signal because I don't know which signal will work, and which will not. I rely on my system's expectancy to get me profitable. I take one and only one setup when ever it appears, and play with a 1:3 risk/reward ratio every time, no matter what the market is doing. I've tried the discretionary approach, but I can't handle it psychologically, I hate when I think a setup should work and it does not, and hate it even more when I skip a setup because I think it should not work, but it does. Although, I am to the point now where, when the market is moving a certain way, I can pretty much tell that the next 2 or 3 trades are probably gonna be losers, but if I make the discretionary decision not to take them, then I render my system's expectancy meaningless.

So, now I don't have to cherry pick, because even with less then 50% win ratio, I am still profitable because I win 3R on every winner and only lose 1R on every loser, and the system gives 15 to 20 trades every day. I don't know why people scalp with 1:1 or even 2:1 or even lesser risk/reward ratios, you pretty much have to be right all the time to make money that way.

The following 3 users say Thank You to monpere for this post: