What Training courses you have please give me your review | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

What Training courses you have please give me your review

Market Wizard
virginia

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Favorite Futures: ES

Forum Reputation: Legendary

Slipknot511 View Post
That being said, I think there are a few guidelines that warrant a big "Caution" from a trading course, book, video or whatever:

1) Promises of easy riches. This is a lie. PERIOD! I hit delete the instant I see the words "Secrets", "riches", "easy" or if there are pictures of bikini babes, beaches and exotic cars. All I can say is, "Run Forest, RUN!"
There are signs that a seller or educator might be legitimate:
1) The exact opposite of all the things above. They stress how difficult trading is and that it is anything but a path to easy riches. (At his CBOT webinars, Mark Fisher often says that trading is the second most difficult job in the world after President of the USA".) He may be right.
2) A strong emphasis on psychology and money management coupled with a strong de-empahsis of the importance of methodology. Experienced traders know that Psychology and money management (risk management) are 90% or more of the game and methodology makes up the small balance.
3) A lack of selling pressure. I have only one educational resource that I spend money on regularly. I have NEVER been solicited by this person. He has NEVER urged me to buy his book or subscribe to his daily commentary. This trader only even has a live commentary because a group of us literally begged him to do so. To be blunt, he is not a good author or educator, but is the best damn trader I know of.
4) In my 7 years of experience in this industry, i can honestly say the best resources are usually free. These can be web resources like futures.io (formerly BMT). The exchanges are an excellent source of free education.

Lastly: NEVER, never, never, never ever give up! Winners all have one common trait: The absolute refusal to accept failure. At the risk of revealing my inner nerd, I quote Yoda, "Do, or do not. There is no try.".

well said but always there is an exception;
this guru does promise of easy riches, six figures in first year, 3 X daily range
not much emphasis on psychology and money management but strong emphasis on making notes,daily review, getting on the right side of market and run if you see red. It turns out six figures and 3X is a hook so that you can hang on for the duration. I totally agree 'the best resources are free' he didn't ask for a dime just paying forward.

The following 2 users say Thank You to cory for this post:

Page generated 2018-10-21 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix