Practical Spiritual Trading | Psychology and Money Management

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Psychology and Money Management

This forum is where successful traders spend most of their time and where struggling traders never visit. The psychology and money management forum is where you learn to become a profitable day trader

Practical Spiritual Trading

Legendary Market Chamois
Chicago, IL

Trading Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS,FOREX.COM app
Broker/Data: InteractiveBrokers, NinjaTrader Brokerage FOREX.COM, IQFeed
Favorite Futures: The one I'm creating in the present....ES, ZF, ZN, ZB, FX pairs

Veils, Clouds....Happiness

LastDino View Post
I agree with you, not in these exacts words, maybe as physical bodies we are not capable of having all 360 view. But I do believe that for being good at anything, one needs a happy spirit, spirit here may not refer to soul but the state of mind.

You see, during my business masters one of the topics often discussed was entrepreneurship, its not just about having novel idea but its lot about you following your "spirit vision". In reality you know nothing of future but you still choose the path that you do. Most time it may not work out, but sometimes it does, here its just not about innovation or even having the vision its also about timing. Making it very apt topic to discuss in background of trading.

For me trading is of similar dynamics, you can be smartest person on this planet but if your spirit doesn't agree with you trading you wont make it. Trading is lot about being happy from within, that is also key to controlling your emotions like greed and fear. Outsiders may think you are working towards illusory goal but in reality in your head/spirit view you are very clear on what you are doing. Of course, triumph only comes to very few and many fail, and reasons can be kept aside for later analysis.

So to finish my mumble jumble here, spirit or state of mind is what we are really trying to address by discussing very complicated topic called "psychology", right now approach of psychology is finite, its designed to find answers in your past to decipher your actions today but in reality there is very large part of you that has nothing to do with your past, it has lot to do with your future or maybe core of your DNA memory (360 degrees), just like fetus in womb trying to develop limbs.

Okay, I'm getting little out of control and I might have offended lot of psychology majors, but its really not about that, remember what I said? As a physical bodies we are not always having the 360 view of the things. I've no clue if we will ever change, but if there was ever anyone deserving of title "enlightened being", would you not say its to the one who has this 360 degree vision? A happy spirit? A chaser of dreams or that illusory target?

/I think my brain is rebelling on me there and I should keep alcohol down on Friday evening if I plan to come on forum

I'm glad you decided to participate in the discussion even though, as your title reads
LastDino View Post
I didn't think I would type this

Sounds like you took a chance, a risk typing this, and I think there are some real nuggets here for us.

I like your 360-degree view reference. To me it speaks of us trying to remove or fight through the veils, clouds, blocks or prejudices we all have that limit ourselves, our perceptions. I would say and agree with you that someone who has a 360 view of things, meaning to me, someone free of all prejudices and able to see all things clearly that yes, they would be an enlightened being.

I think in trading it's important to be able to open yourself up to possibilities new ways to perceive the market data/info coming at us all the time. Filtering it as well. Like your 360-degree view. I think it's a journey not a destination. And yeah we don't know the future. Everything is probable to some degree.

LastDino View Post
As a physical bodies we are not always having the 360 view of the things. I've no clue if we will ever change, but if there was ever anyone deserving of title "enlightened being", would you not say its to the one who has this 360 degree vision? A happy spirit? A chaser of dreams or that illusory target?

Happiness, I would say, is definitely something closely linked to trading. If you aren't in a good way chances are your trading will be in the toilet.

Having a Happy spirit, as you mentioned, will appear again in this thread.

LastDino View Post
Trading is lot about being happy from within

Ron

It is an axiomatic fact that while you meditate you are speaking with your own spirit. In that state of mind you put certain questions to your spirit and the spirit answers: the light breaks forth and the reality is revealed.
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)
Follow me on Twitter Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Blash for this post: