I Can't Make a Friend of the Trend | Psychology and Money Management

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Psychology and Money Management

This forum is where successful traders spend most of their time and where struggling traders never visit. The psychology and money management forum is where you learn to become a profitable day trader

I Can't Make a Friend of the Trend

Columbus, Ohio

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: NQ

Leon of Pizza View Post
I hesitate to ask this for fear I'm opening up a semantic can of worms, but I like to parse through others' perspectives. Are you suspending the entire thing? e.g. the pattern, execution mechanics, etc.
I stay with the same strategies and change the risk/reward to accommodate volatility. I see it as a change of tactics.

No maybe a bad word, more like on hold. With the VXN moving above 19, I started taking advantage of the bigger moves within my swing strategy. I am good adjusting my intraday strategies for volatility, it was just my first opportunity to try out my swing strategy. Showed my screen shot to stress how much I feel big stops are important with NQ. Small stops (12.5 Points or less) for me, are like fighting the tide.

The following user says Thank You to WoodyFox for this post: