I Can't Make a Friend of the Trend | Psychology and Money Management

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Psychology and Money Management

This forum is where successful traders spend most of their time and where struggling traders never visit. The psychology and money management forum is where you learn to become a profitable day trader

I Can't Make a Friend of the Trend

Columbus, Ohio

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: NQ

With the higher Volatility lately.. I have suspended my smaller stop strategies and shifted into some swing trades. This is my trade from Yesterday. Good example of how deep the pullbacks can be. The trade has a minimum 2 to 1 take and is trailed by nearly 59 Points. Holding through the weekend can sometimes be a little nerve wracking, but already up 59 points, I should be able to handle a pretty large gap down Sunday night. At least to my initial stop and be out with a normal loss for the strategy. I do not trade RTY, but large stops are must for me with NQ. Even when day trading a 12.5 point stop would be small for me. Anyways good luck with your trading, and I hope you find what works for you!
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

The following user says Thank You to WoodyFox for this post: