Nadex's Dan Cook (Director of Business Development) - Ask Me Anything (AMA) | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Nadex's Dan Cook (Director of Business Development) - Ask Me Anything (AMA)

Chicago

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Nadex
Favorite Futures: Binary Options

clockwork71 View Post
My question is will we ever see tighter spreads? I can drive a truck through them at the moment.

Hi Clockwork71,

Thanks for your question and comment - it is appreciated. The bid/offer spreads are dependent on several factors such as market volatility, contract type, and underlying market. Are there specific markets you are reviewing? If so, please let me know and I will be happy to take a look. Over the years, the spreads have become much tighter as we have added more liquidity providers and exchange volume has grown. When I started here around 9 years ago, it was common to see binary option contract spreads in the 9 to 12 range. In many markets on Nadex binary option contracts are now 2-3 wide. Below is a screen shot of the US 500 which is based on the CMEís E-mini S&P (ES) contract. This screenshot was taken in our live markets this morning. The binary options are trading 2Ė3 wide. Also, if you havenít taken a look at our Touch Bracket contracts, which are scaled in size to a micro futures contract, the Touch Bracket listed on the ES is trading at 0.2 wide. That is actually tighter than the minimum tick on the ES which is 0.25.

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Dan Cook
Nadex Director of Business Development

DISCLAIMER: Trading on Nadex involves financial risk and may not be appropriate for all investors.
The following user says Thank You to Nadex for this post: