Millionaire in 10 weeks & Conversation with broker | Psychology and Money Management

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Psychology and Money Management

This forum is where successful traders spend most of their time and where struggling traders never visit. The psychology and money management forum is where you learn to become a profitable day trader

Millionaire in 10 weeks & Conversation with broker

Montreal

MiniP View Post
and any testing done in renko isnt accurate, when i first got into trading a guy I worked with and I came up with a similar renko D/T & D/B strategy and thought we hit the gold mine we tested years or data and it was amazing the amount of money we SIM made but when we put a small account live it was torn to pieces because of the inaccurate bars.

I have to admit that you are right about Renko but I haven't backtest with those yet, that's part of the tests we will do when the indicator will be ready.

But let me ask you, was the results THAT FAR OFF?

Because if you take a look at the screenshots I made a couple days ago, YOU CAN turn off the creating of those "fake/phantom bars" by clicking here...

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Also, as you can see in my 3 ticks high Renko bars chart, there are NOT A LOT of those fake bars in a chart so it's hard to believe that they will skew the results that badly but again, I don't know for sure and will find out soon.

In this chart below, by removing those fake bars, only 2 little tiny Renko bars were removed.

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Btw, if the results turn to shit, I can always turn to Kase bars who have been proven to run fine in backtests and as you can see in these 2 screenshots below, the top one is the double tops on the renko chart and the bottom one is the same double tops on a Kase chart so I would have caught them anyway on both Renko or Kase charts.

Last edited by MerlinWorld; August 1st, 2019 at 04:36 PM.