Millionaire in 10 weeks & Conversation with broker | Psychology and Money Management

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Psychology and Money Management

This forum is where successful traders spend most of their time and where struggling traders never visit. The psychology and money management forum is where you learn to become a profitable day trader

Millionaire in 10 weeks & Conversation with broker

Columbus, Ohio

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: NQ

Hi @MerlinWorld

I have created some ribbon indicators over time that are very similar to yours. I have used lots of different settings and have tested them extensively over time. If used right, they can produce very nice results. Not a million in 10 weeks, but enough to use exclusively for a trading system. The screenshot below shows one example "No particular settings". I have no intentions to do so, but I'm sure I could get mine to match yours with extreme accuracy. I'm sure I have tested through your settings at one point. Who knows right? One thing to remember when using any type of exotic bars (Any bar that is not time based), make sure your test results are true. With range bars, just changing the lookback period can change the results of any backtest. You can fix this by using a control point for your starting bar when backtesting. In search of the Holy Grail is part of the fun, although we all know its all relevant. The holy grail only exists in your own mind. Good luck to you in your hunt! I will follow your journey.
Woody.
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

The following 2 users say Thank You to WoodyFox for this post: