Millionaire in 10 weeks & Conversation with broker | Psychology and Money Management

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Psychology and Money Management

This forum is where successful traders spend most of their time and where struggling traders never visit. The psychology and money management forum is where you learn to become a profitable day trader

Millionaire in 10 weeks & Conversation with broker

Kannapolis, NC

Backtesting vs walking forward

I think what no one has said is that most of have been able to come up with an automated system that shows equally impressive backtesting results, and then found that it does not translate to real time (even real time sim) trading. This seems especially true for systems based on range bars, since the bars are formed after the fact.

If you want to gain some credibility, post the trades as soon as they are entered in your sim account (15-min delay), e.g, BEFORE you know if they will work out or not.

Best of luck,

Zogger99

ratfink View Post
@MerlinWorld

Biggest mistake you made (and it happens often) is to create a thread with this sort of title.

Best advice I can offer you is to join FIO elite, it's worth it many times over, create a journal with a less provocative title and just get on with the business one or two trades at a time being honest with yourself every day of the job. It isn't easy. In a small account I did 20X in 3 months with 170 trades, then blew it up completely and I'm still trying to recover the psychology after three years in sideways la-la land.

I really wish you the best, highly recommend you close this thread and start over in a new journal, walking softly.

MerlinWorld View Post
There is a HUUUUUUUUGE difference between learning from a tip or two from you and being told to sit there, shut up and listen and being brainwashed by things that I've heard 100 times in my past 14, then again 15 years because I started learning about Futures in 2004.

Right now, I need programming help to convert my code and then I will need help to find the best entry points and that's about it. I don't need anything else.

The following 2 users say Thank You to Zogger99 for this post: