AKFX broker (spreadbetting) issues with price | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

AKFX broker (spreadbetting) issues with price

Market Wizard
Boca Raton

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Variety
Broker/Data: Optimus Futures, LLC
Favorite Futures: Futures

xplorer View Post
Thanks Matt - yes, the reason I was asking for a more expert opinion (such as yours) is that I have always seen spread betting as a bit shady. As you suggested, the brokers that do spreadbetting take the opposite side of the trader's position, as I understand it - which indicates that, when thing go wrong for the trader, someone else benefits from that, and that someone else happens to be the spread betting broker.

One of the many reasons why I tend to stick to futures is the lack of the model above in the futures market.

Futures was and always will be my main business. However, there is a specific size in FX trading needs to be accommodated by interbank rates. As oppose to Futures in FX there are many business models for price discovery, but the majority of the accounts are so mall in FX that they are attracted to highest leverage brokers, and SOME are just stacking the odds against their customers. Nevertheless, you can find legitimate players who do not operate against their customers; The key is to know the model of price discovery they use (or lack of).

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

PM with any questions about optimusfutures (800) 771-6748 (561) 367 8686. THERE IS A SUBSTANTIAL RISK OF LOSS IN FUTURES TRADING.
The following user says Thank You to mattz for this post: