NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com) | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com)

Chicago

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: ES 6E

captraker View Post
If I were to open a Ninjatrader Brokerage account with Dorman or Phillip, what data will I have access to right out of the gate? I think the futures trades are executed through Continuum (CQG), is that also where the real-time data comes from or would that be Kinetick? What about historical data, how far back does that go and what does it include?

Would I just get real-time data or would I also receive historical data? Would I get this data for all the futures contracts I can trade with Ninjatrader Brokerage? Do I need an additional market data subscription to get "more complete" historical market data? What about level II data?

I think I can also have an additional subscription to Kinetick to receive real-time/historical data for other markets, which is a monthly charge. Hypothetically, if real-time/historical data from Ninjatrader Brokerage is available and real-time/historical data is available through Kinetick, for the same futures contracts, would I benefit from having both sets of data?

I currently trade forex pairs through Forex.com, I want to do that on Ninjatrader. I want to be able to trade ES and 6E using level II market data. I want to use Ninjatrader to design trading systems and run back tests on these futures. Do I need more than a Ninjatrader Brokerage account and Ninjatrader 8 with a lifetime license to be able to do this?

I do understand that forex markets may or may not have level II data available, I'm not really worried about that. I do want to see level II data for futures contracts, either through Ninjatrader's Orderflow tool or a 3rd party order book app/plugin.

Thank you!

I will answer some of my own questions now that I have spoken with Ninjatrader, they were very helpful. Hopefully this is useful for others. Thanks!

Yes, I will have real-time and historical data via CQG when I open a brokerage account with Ninjatrader. I will pay a competitive monthly fee for this real-time/historical data, there are four data feeds that can be purchased. I can have all four for a reduced rate or each individually. These four feeds include data on everything (based on their spreadsheet of commission rates and all listed futures contracts) except ICE and Eurex, these two are significant monthly investment.

The data I receive will include level II, which is included with that competitive monthly fee.

The historical data goes back about 15 years.

I don't need a lifetime license to be able to trade my Ninjatrader Brokerage account and my Forex.com account at the same time on Ninjatrader. Having a lease or purchasing a lifetime license will advance you on their tier system, which then gives you access to more of Ninjatrader's tools, including the Orderflow tool which becomes available with the lifetime license.

Having an additional data feed for futures contracts on these markets would be redundant and unnecessary. Additional data feeds purchased through Kinetick or any other data provider that is compatible with Ninjatrader, would be for getting access to stock real-time/historical data or any other market you want to pipe into Ninjatrader.

Thanks again for the quick support Ninjatrader!

The following user says Thank You to captraker for this post: