NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com) | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

NinjaTrader Brokerage Services (www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com)

Chicago

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: ES 6E

Ninjatrader Brokerage Data

If I were to open a Ninjatrader Brokerage account with Dorman or Phillip, what data will I have access to right out of the gate? I think the futures trades are executed through Continuum (CQG), is that also where the real-time data comes from or would that be Kinetick? What about historical data, how far back does that go and what does it include?

Would I just get real-time data or would I also receive historical data? Would I get this data for all the futures contracts I can trade with Ninjatrader Brokerage? Do I need an additional market data subscription to get "more complete" historical market data? What about level II data?

I think I can also have an additional subscription to Kinetick to receive real-time/historical data for other markets, which is a monthly charge. Hypothetically, if real-time/historical data from Ninjatrader Brokerage is available and real-time/historical data is available through Kinetick, for the same futures contracts, would I benefit from having both sets of data?

I currently trade forex pairs through Forex.com, I want to do that on Ninjatrader. I want to be able to trade ES and 6E using level II market data. I want to use Ninjatrader to design trading systems and run back tests on these futures. Do I need more than a Ninjatrader Brokerage account and Ninjatrader 8 with a lifetime license to be able to do this?

I do understand that forex markets may or may not have level II data available, I'm not really worried about that. I do want to see level II data for futures contracts, either through Ninjatrader's Orderflow tool or a 3rd party order book app/plugin.

Thank you!

The following user says Thank You to captraker for this post: