Breakeven Stops: At Entry or 1-2 Tic Profit? | Psychology and Money Management

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Psychology and Money Management

This forum is where successful traders spend most of their time and where struggling traders never visit. The psychology and money management forum is where you learn to become a profitable day trader

Breakeven Stops: At Entry or 1-2 Tic Profit?

south africa

MWG86 View Post
Please correct me if I've taken your quote out of context, and this may be getting off topic, but for a discretionary trader with a non-benchmark-correlated absolute return strategy (which is what I see most short-term intra-day traders here attempting) isn't this the whole point?

haha yea getting way off topic but it is interesting.

I think many people believe that but I am just not sure it is correct. The distribution of trades for entry on ES at 10:06am 3 seconds and 125 milliseconds on 5/13/19 is the same for both of us.

I think it is like trying to argue that the deck of cards is not the generating process in a poker game. Of course the player has strategic options given the deck run out but I do think there is much language used here that is slightly magical thinking. "I didn't stick to the trading plan and so the flush draw didn't hit so I lost."

snax mentioning cargo cult is perfect. I never really think to use that phrase but it is perfect.