Trader at a BBQ | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Trader at a BBQ

New York City, NY

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader 8
Broker/Data: Dorman Trading
Favorite Futures: emini ES/NQ

This is one of my favorite posts, because we can all relate to it. We're ostracized as traders, because it doesn't come with the security of a day job. It's not conventional, or "normal" enough. Most people are inherently scared, and always turn to security; they will never take risks and live a mundane but secure life. It blows my mind when someone that doesn't know anything about trading tries to tell me what's wrong with trading, but yet it happens so frequently. They'll often try to correct me, or even argue; usually with good intentions, but annoying nonetheless. Seems everyone nowadays knows someone who lost everything trading something; it's not even worth my time anymore to try and explain that futures and bitcoin are not the same thing. There's no need to pay these people any mind; like P said, we shouldnt let a poorly formulated opinion affect the perception of ourselves. Be a proud trader; when confronted, let them ramble on and smile because you know what they can't understand. Anyways, sorry about the rant, but I enjoy hearing these stories, so keep em coming.

imagine all the people living life in peace
Follow me on Twitter Visit my Facebook Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to xevanchan for this post: