Sierra Chart + CQG (AMP) | Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Reviews of Brokers and Data Feeds

Review and discuss futures brokers, their requirements and features, or ask questions about brokers and data feeds

Sierra Chart + CQG (AMP)

Chicago, IL

mattz View Post
The benefit to what? finding a server where it all happens together?
Are you feeling the latency in execution or Slippage? I think that you got the process pretty much right where Chicago makes the risk management checks. But, again do you feel you experiencing severe slippage or lack or limit orders not being executed? I find that the millisecond difference does not always affect traders in any material way.

Matt Z
Optimus Futures

There is a substantial risk of loss in futures trading. Past performance is not indicative of future results.

i meant what's the benefit of being automatically assigned to the CQG singapore data center (calculated based on my location) if it has to bounce back and forth across the pacific ocean for clearing anyway? (since we're talking about a US broker here)

and actually, the latency was visibly noticeable although as a discretionary trader, it's not the biggest deal ever. still, it's worth pursuing w/e improvements possible.