Trader at a BBQ | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Trader at a BBQ

Legendary Market Wizard
Columbus OHIO

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Favorite Futures: ES,

So last night was a big birthday for one of our oldest family members with lots of people I haven't seen in years or since I had a "real" job so the question what do you do for a living came up about ten times. And I always started with I manage money in the indexes and that would always turn into do you trade? Then that would turn into you know your gambling right and people who gamble always lose. And I would just smile and tell them they took a gamble by getting in there car because there was a relatively good chance they could get into an accident or worse case possibly die and the response was always well I'm a good driver and i would say no you have just accepted the risk that comes with driving. By this time during the conversation I could tell the only thing they will ever know is a 9-5 being a slave for someone else and that's fine for them.

Trading is a hell of a thing to do and you've got to be a little strange in the head to think you can conquer and other people who normally have more money then you... but it also boils down to who cares what people think about what your doing they will probably end up with to many regrets to count.

Sent using the futures.io mobile app

"Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie"-Miyamoto Musashi
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 7 users say Thank You to MiniP for this post: