Trader at a BBQ | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Trader at a BBQ

Legendary Market Wizard
Chicago Illinois USA

Trading Experience: Advanced
Broker/Data: IB, ToS
Favorite Futures: /ES, US Equities/Options

Yeah, this is a good question.

Folks around town, meaning people with whom cordial rapport is beneficial, understand "retired from CBOE", they hear it a lot and it facilitates conversation. Almost always, in Chicago, you will get...Oh do you know so and so?

Outside of Chicago area I usually say retired. I'm 52 and have been saying that for over ten years. People ask retired from what? Finance, will bring more questions. Stock option finance arbitrage gets fewer questions. The shut down response is I developed credit default swap leveraged arbitrage...though not true, nobody has ever wanted to tell me about aluminum pipe sales or patent law practice after that...we usually move to children or bacon.

If the questioner is someone that I want to talk to I usually say that I volunteer with a charity that feeds children in poverty or disaster stricken parts of the world.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 5 users say Thank You to wldman for this post: