How does one deal with FOE (Fear of Entry)? | Psychology and Money Management

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Psychology and Money Management

This forum is where successful traders spend most of their time and where struggling traders never visit. The psychology and money management forum is where you learn to become a profitable day trader

How does one deal with FOE (Fear of Entry)?

Los Angels

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradeStation
Favorite Futures: Emini ES

johny1971 View Post
Has anyone else dealt with the fear of entering trades and experience the following ruminations? If so, how did you remove that fear?

My first trade left me with sweaty palms, a queasy stomach, and blood pressure so high it made my face bright red. I could see my pulse in my temples. My whole body went into shock. All this for one little ES contract with a 2 point stop!

That sent me back to study for 100s or rather 1000s of hours. Then before going live, I SIM traded for almost a year.

When it came time to make the system trade I found that I changed. My focus was only to test my system. Cool calm collected, it took me about 30 seconds to verify the trade and get back to normal. (trading not 1, but multiple contracts)

Now I stick to the plan with little hesitation. Winning or loosing a trade is a low priority. Testing the system is the only thing I focus on.

I removed the fear by testing my system rather than the market.

The following 8 users say Thank You to SidewalkAerobics for this post: