is 40-50 ticks per day doable | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

is 40-50 ticks per day doable

Market Wizard
Quebec

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader wt Rancho Dinero's profiling tools
Broker/Data: Stage 5 trading/AMP/CQG
Favorite Futures: ES, NQ, YM

anniebee321 View Post
hi mike,

not looking for a shortcut journey but trying to avoid a zig zag journey full of pot holes!!!
ie a structured route

Annie, i understand that need you have and i don't think you can learn how to trade by visiting a forum. Information on most forums is badly organised and in most cases it shoots in all directions trying to please everybody. What you can get or do on a forum is forming new contacts, getting some new ideas, asking for help when you have a problem with your platform to see if anybody else has found a solution etc. That's pretty basic stuff. But learning how to trade on a forum is completly another ball game. If i were to start again today i would start by trying to get instructions on Market Profile and build from that point onward. Getting the right instruction is more tough than learning how to trade. One pitfall i'd try to avoid, finding a system on a public board. Too many people are still in search of the miraculous and have preferences or bias that might influence you to look at dead ends. Second pitfall, finding a guru on a web site or anywhere else. Many traders have big egos and they think their vision or perception is the right stuff. Third pitfall, reading books. No book will teach you how to trade. Trading is akin to learning to play a musical instrument. You need to internalise certain aspects and no book can help you here. Although there are no shorcuts there are dead end pathways that can make you miss the boat or train completly. The best way to learn how to trade is from someone who already is doing it for a living. Oral transmission is the way to go.

The following user says Thank You to trendisyourfriend for this post:

Page generated 2018-07-22 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix