is 40-50 ticks per day doable | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

is 40-50 ticks per day doable

Elite Member
Honolulu, Hawaii

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: ATC/TT, AMP/Zen-Fire, AMP/CQG
Favorite Futures: TF

anniebee321 View Post
unfortunately reading through and practicing the multitudes of different strategies
from fibonacci to order flow to pivot to elliot waves......presented on any forum would take years
to sift through to find the best method - what is needed is a structured approach to learning
which is why people opt for courses - unfortunately many of these are no good
which is why self taught traders seem to be taking 2-5 years to succeed though some take
a year. - it took me about 12-18 months to be a competent programmer working within
the industry, taking 3,4,5 years would have got me the sack!!

I understand where you are coming from. I believe that a course can shortcut your learning curve, however, I find that most people have no idea on what kind of trading they are compatible with until they have paid for a course or two.

The key is understanding what type of trading you enjoy. Regardless of profits, some love scalping for 1-2 ticks! Some 5-7 ticks, some 30 ticks, others 500 pips! It is a matter of personality and preference.

I don't think you will know that until you get your hands dirty and trade them all and decide if this is for you, or you have a deep understanding of your personality and can identify quickly if something suits you or not just by doing a quick evaluation.

I do believe there are 'shortcuts', but not the kind most of us dream about. haha...

I have come to realize that the easiest way to be a better trader is to quit the indi's and focus on a technique that enables you to communicate with the market. You will find many many providers out there with new indi's (supposedly new) to bedazzle you and lure you onto the hook!

If I were to start over (3 years since pretty much full time learning and trading) then I would start with just price action and learn the basics and drill them over and over and over and fall in love with the market in a way that you would fall in love with a song if you heard it a million times on the radio.

The challenge is the world we live in teaches us instant gratification can be obtained. The lucky few achieve this, so we believe this will happen to us.

Good luck on your journey and 30-50 ticks is easy if you are taking larger stops and hence more risk if market conditions change etc., which someone with less experience would not see or understand because they haven't learned the beat of the music and hence the change...

The following 4 users say Thank You to bluemele for this post:

Page generated 2018-10-19 in 0.08 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix