Which Data Feeds / platforms support MBO Data? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Which Data Feeds / platforms support MBO Data?

Bangkok, Thailand

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: ZMAPI
Favorite Futures: Commodities

artemiso View Post
Interesting project that you're attempting. As for pricing, CME does let private persons connect directly, it's only an issue of cost and not an issue of qualification.

If you're distributing the data real-time, it's mainly the $96k/year license fee plus the 10G handoff which is $12k/month but you can share it under a vendor for maybe 10-30% of that. For this pricing most vendors I know choose not to act as the distributor and instead they license the feed handler.

Yes I have direct access. I might work on a project to provide the data on a historical basis first in case people want that, but I think live distribution is just too much work right now.

The project is something I have to do and I believe most people getting into algorithmic trading have to struggle with something similar. So hopefully the work I share can be useful and initiate some interesting cooperation.

Thanks for sharing this!

$96k/year + connectivity fees is pretty steep.

Quoting 
For this pricing most vendors I know choose not to act as the distributor and instead they license the feed handler.

You mean most vendors are getting a "sub-license" from the feed operator who has the expensive distribution license from CME? So they interface with whatever API the feed operator provides and then provide that data via their own API.