What Training courses you have please give me your review | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

What Training courses you have please give me your review

Elite Member
San Francisco Bay Area

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT,TOS,IB
Favorite Futures: ES,CL,TF

Sasha View Post
A few years ago I have experienced a trauma when lost a small fortune in one trade. After that I have noticed that my body responds in a very funny way to the risk of any open position. I could not continue trading while shaking so I was forced to look for an answer. Being perfectionist I studied quite a lot of different methods and techniques, and Mark Douglas's books were the very first stop.
It didn't work for me, so I moved on. I did concur my problem after all, mostly thanks to "Release technique", but now trading psychology became a hobby of mine so I always looking for new books and webinars etc. on the subject.
The latest webinar that impressed me was on MarketDelta last week by Andrew Menaker. He has a blog on his site PopDoc Trader and it is worth reading thru as well.
I am glad that pro's are attracted into the trading subfield and expect that it will keep improving.
On the other side of it there are smart traders that share their own stories that could be helpful: I listened to Linda Raschke's Christmas gift and realized for the first time that I am not crazy, that many if not all traders went thru similar experiences.

Sasha:

That PopDoc video is on my to-do list.

Since you have had success with using some of these psychological techniques, could you suggest some more resources?

My preferred style of learning is an interactive/class room type of environment. During my student days, I used to be an active participant during classes; I hardly if ever opened books outside class. It is actually hard for me to read a book (non-fiction) end-to-end. That is why I am loving Dr. Brett's Trading Coach book since it is split into independent section which you can read at ease.

Page generated 2018-07-20 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix