Your opinion about chart and DOM way | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Your opinion about chart and DOM way

Atlanta

nikodine View Post
Hi guys,
What do you think, is it possible consistency to make profit without using DOM and order flow at all?
For example, how exactly is useful the information from the DOM in trading volatile markets such a currency futures or indexes? Isn't a madness to try reading the ladders in such a fast market?
So, is not a right way to think that volatile market (with a lot of swings) is better to trade of charts (even the information is from the past), and markets such a 10, 30-US notes to be traded with DOM stuff?

I think the techniques are different in faster more volatile markets. For me, I mostly watch the prints in fast markets, the intensity of sweeps, larger prints hitting and where. I have also found that having my watchlist on a quote board where I can see the rate of change on the market im selling, positive and negative correlations. Sometimes it is easy to make trades in fast markets from that information. If you try to do how the Jigsaw vids and No BS style it is far more difficult.

The following user says Thank You to MichaelFlowTrader for this post: