Adding amaSuperTrendU11 to custom strategy - compile error | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Adding amaSuperTrendU11 to custom strategy - compile error

Berlin, Europe

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: Keyboard

jmont1 View Post
Fat Tails, created the simple sample reverse strategy in Strategy Builder exactly as you have posted here to confirm amaSupertrend11 would work in a strategy. It compiled fine but Strategy Analyzer would not take any trades with it. I was not expecting it to be a winning trade but at least one in a year back test.
SO I was going to ask for help here. Then I realized how dumb I was to think that the trend would be less than zero when it is based on price.

So now it works - not a winning strategy but it does take trades. Any chance you would post a strategy builder created one that is at least marginally profitable? Or for that matter any strategy marginally profitable. Thanks for your continued support.

I only do a few postings here compared to what you have done. So I did not use "@" before your name because I expect you get way too many emails telling you've been mentioned.

Thanks again.

The SuperTrend strategy by itself is not profitable. It makes money during a trending market, but gives that money back during a range bound market.

Also the SuperTrend is not an ideal candidate for entry timinig, as it triggers entry signals rather late. I have only used it as a trend filter and/or for exit timing.

The following 2 users say Thank You to Fat Tails for this post: