My family says trading isn't work. | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

My family says trading isn't work.

Legendary Market Wizard
Chicago Illinois USA

Trading Experience: Advanced
Broker/Data: IB, ToS
Favorite Futures: /ES, US Equities/Options

This...

begins to state the direction I was going on this...only in a way more empathetic way.

Work, can obviously mean many things...it is subjective. Sterling results may not change grandpa's mind. What he is right about though is that you will most certainly fail. How you respond to the failures WILL absolutely determine who you become as a trader. Using how you respond to people that love you and want you to do well and live well as a guide does indicate that you are not yet cut out for a "career" built on taking risk in the most competitive environment on Earth.

Amend your thought process or you will break the hearts of people that love you. Learn a little respect. If that sounds foolish to you, like I'm the idiot...please trade ES.

Grantx View Post
Out of the billions of people on planet earth that don't give a f*** about your existence, there exist a handful that love you and care for your future. You have just failed your family in a most shameful way.

If you think you can trade then do it without the hissy fit. The market will give you everything you deserve, I promise. But NEVER talk bad about your family like you did with your little rant in the first post. It's a sign of extreme immaturity and a reflection of your own petty insecurities regarding trading.

Go spend some time with them. Hug them, have a laugh, thank them for supporting you, be grateful because they wont be around forever.

Last edited by wldman; August 6th, 2018 at 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 5 users say Thank You to wldman for this post: