My family says trading isn't work. | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

My family says trading isn't work.

North Carolina

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation
Favorite Futures: es

Well, there is a compromise way to look at things. A job (i.e. type of work) is normally associated with a guaranteed or high probability fixed income stream. Even successful traders, do not qualify under that definition because it is not guaranteed income.

Try to change your perspective slightly. You can still work at your craft even if you aren't trading for a living. Right? So, if you can just slightly alter your dreams to emphasize the work vs. the results you will see that there is the ability to work at your at your craft at every level of success.

Treat this negativity as just information. Right, everyone is extrapolating from limited samples. And there is varying degrees of truth in all opinions.

I do recommend to consider that you try to pare low risk income with your trading income and try to get education that can benefit your trading. Make it your focus to get yourself in a situation where you can work more on your trading. Focus on things you can control. Good luck!