How many indicators are on your charts? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

How many indicators are on your charts?

Legendary Market Chamois
Chicago, IL

Trading Experience: None
Platform: NT8,NT7,TWS,FOREX.COM app
Broker/Data: InteractiveBrokers, NinjaTrader Brokerage FOREX.COM, IQFeed
Favorite Futures: The one I'm creating in the present....ES, ZF, ZN, ZB, FX pairs

How many indicators are on your charts?

I think the term "indicator" can have different meanings these days than it did even 10 years ago. At least to me it does.

Here is the "old" strict indicator meaning as far as I'm concerned.....

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

My main chart for a symbol has 12 things added to it. Two of these are on my Default template and are on every single chart I open. Which are.....A horizontal line at the current price and my Trade Plan for that instrument ...meaning the levels I am interested in.

Below we have my chart of ZF and its "indicators". The only thing I consider indicating something to me are the three instances of the Acme Volume Delta from Rancho Dinero, one of which you can see on the chart below the other two I don't look at and are hid. They color the bars at RTH and ON sessions at the HOD or LOD with Selling Divergences or Buying Divergences respectively.

Acme Session Volume Profile which organizes the volume at price and labels many different levels like the session High the VPOC the VAL/VAH, you get it.

I also have two VWAP's one for the session another for the week.

Then one called Time Slice that highlights the IB or first 60min of the RTH.

A volume counter for the current bar.

One called Innovative Ordering shown below in a video on CL with me turning on and off etc.

And lastly my tool for calculating position size, named Risk-Reward Meter.... you click the button labeled "LTs Plan" and draw your entry and stop etc.

So....

1. Line at current price
  2. Trade Plan
  3. Volume Delta Momentum (the one visible and also painting bars w/ Buy/Sell Divergences)
  4. Volume Delta per bar (only for Buy/Sell Divergences)
  5. Volume Delta per bar Trailing Delta (again only for Buy/Sell Divergences)
  6. Session Volume Profile
  7. VWAP session
  8. VWAP week
  9. Time Slice for the IB highlighting
  10. Volume Counter for current bar
  11. Order Entry
  12. Risk Calculation

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12-s9V90bJQ

Ron

It is an axiomatic fact that while you meditate you are speaking with your own spirit. In that state of mind you put certain questions to your spirit and the spirit answers: the light breaks forth and the reality is revealed.
The steed of this Valley is pain; and if there be no pain this journey will never end.
Buy Low And Sell High (read left to right or right to left....lol)

Last edited by Blash; August 1st, 2018 at 02:48 AM. Reason: grammar
Follow me on Twitter Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 5 users say Thank You to Blash for this post: