How many indicators are on your charts? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

How many indicators are on your charts?

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: JIGSAW/SIERRA CHART
Broker/Data: MacQuarie Futures/AMP Clearing/CQG
Favorite Futures: HHI, HSI, FDAX

Ozquant View Post
When i started late 99 i did the usual generic subjective indicator junk , slowly progressed to a naked chart price action style over next 5 years , was pure naked for about 5-6 years and then i started my journey into the quant/algo world and now use indicators again but in a totally different way to the start . As a quant/coder i now seek binary/boolean solutions so have custom written all but 1 of the indi's i use , and the generic i use is modified at that . 100% the price action knowledge gained by using naked charts puts you at a distinct advantage to a pure programmer with minimal TA experience . I think eventually many naked traders will travel this journey .

If you can measure it you can improve it ( quant side )

If you know what you are measuring even better ( naked chart style )

I agree with this however for me it was not the naked charts, but a naked dom that opened my eyes and led me to try and quantify what I was seeing. All the indicators I use now are either customized or custom coded as well and are really only there to help me check that the algorithm is performing as expected and also to enable me to see things that may benefit from coding and testing.

XS

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to xiaosi for this post: