How to predict if a market will be volatile? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

How to predict if a market will be volatile?

Super Moderator
Sarasota FL

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Sierra Chart
Favorite Futures: ES, YM

TickedOff View Post
What are some things to look out for that indicate a day will have some big moves? I perform way better in fast markets

While there have been some good suggestions so far, I honestly don't think you can.

You can look at the recent action and the current context pre-open, and it may have some follow-through, but it also may not.

I would try to respond to what the markets are doing at the time of trading them. Your reading of context can be valuable here, but knowing in advance what the day is going to be like is probably one of those things that you just are not going to have. Also, my experience is that trying to decide it in advance can be dangerous. You can get all set for one thing, and then have to deal with price not going along with your ideas.

Bob.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to bobwest for this post: