Would you run this strategy? 10 year DAX backtest results attached.What do you think? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Would you run this strategy? 10 year DAX backtest results attached.What do you think?

Sydney, NSW, Australia

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart, Python, C#
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: MJNK, ASX, SPI

Dvdkite View Post
Hello Again @amoeba,

this morning I was searching the web with your suggestion: kevin Davey and when I've found it's book title Building Winning Algorithmic Trading Systems I just REALIZED that it's one of my first reading about automating strategies! I red it this march... it was really interesting and it gave me almost 90% of the insight about what is a walk forward optimiziations and what OOS data means! It was , along with some other books, a mind opening for me into this word.
Just a curiosity that you mentioned a book that I already found some months ago by random search !

haha, there you go, if you have read Kevin's book you will be on the right path to developing a solid strategy building methodology.

The following user says Thank You to amoeba for this post: