Best alternative to NinjaTrader ? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Best alternative to NinjaTrader ?

Montreal, Qc, Canada

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 7
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers/Kinetick
Favorite Futures: ETF

Best alternative to NinjaTrader ?

After many years using NinjaTrader 7 for my automated day trading (with a Kinetick data feed, trading on Interactive Brokers), I'm seriously thinking about switching all my algos from NT to another platform:
- Their customer service has deteriorated over the years, is now very weak, providing generic and often wrong information
- Their affiliation with Kinetick makes them lousy at implementing basic improvements such as access to the latest IB TWS version (which now has improved Tick data)
- They took forever to launch NT8 yet not sure how stable it is for live trading and the migration path from NT7 remains fairly painful
- Etc

I'd be interested in other traders view on the best alternatives. My two key requirements are the ability to perform Automated Trading and Interface with InteractiveBrokers. Many thanks.