Would you run this strategy? 10 year DAX backtest results attached.What do you think? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Would you run this strategy? 10 year DAX backtest results attached.What do you think?

Arnhem, The Netherlands

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Zorro
Broker/Data: RCG/Continuum, IB, Oanda
Favorite Futures: Futures: FDAX, GC, ES, CL also: FX, CFD, ETF

Dvdkite View Post
"... I want to look ONLY AT THE CHART and NOTHING ELSE. I don't want to depend from news, datas, fundamentals and whatavere... I only want (at the moment, no ones know what will bring our attention in the future) to take care of pure price action and candles pattern...."

Regards,

David

The markets don't care what you want except getting your money fast. And by restricting yourself by just looking at charts / short time price action that is exactly what is going to happen. Sure there are people who can, but hey they have spend a lots of time doing this, blew up more than 1 account and experienced all the phases/hardship where you have to go through to become a pro.

For making money in markets and being a starter Beta strategies like low frequency trading (ETFS and stuff) is the place to start. Ok agree it is boring, less exciting, but safer. If you still want beat the markets and to make Alpha (more short term trading at expense of other participants) then you have to be well prepared. The others are. So trade strategies that will work now and in the past and for a good reason like offering insurance, value, carry arbitrage, seasonalties etc.

The following user says Thank You to rlstreet for this post: