ICHIMOKU indicators for day trading ES MINI | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

ICHIMOKU indicators for day trading ES MINI

Legendary Guesser
Reading UK

Trading Experience: None
Platform: Prorealtime
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: My 3 boys

To eliminate false signals in a sideways market why dont you measure chikospan in relation to price which is exactly what it is intended for? If it is say 4 periods away from possible contact with price then consider it a range. The difficult part of course is that the strength of ichimoku is as story telling system and not necessarily as a signal service so the location of chikospan to price must be considered in the context of price action to the cloud.

What I do is look for pullbacks in a short or long scenario because often the initial break (when bells are clanging , trumpets blaring, strobe lights strobing) puts you in at a bad location. If you look at your chart I marked up:

The A's: price is in bearish territory and has rallied back and broken above T+K BUT chiko is still clear of price, cloud is still negative, T+K still sloping down and price is below a strong senkospan B resistance. This screams short. You would have to be aggressive shorting the cross.

The B's: Exactly the same thing as before except in reverse. THis trade would not have resulted in much but there was a decent enough chance that price could have at least made another attempt at the highs.

I reckon that ichimoku can be a good automated early warning system but it still needs interpretation before puling the trigger.

btw nice idea on the mid line for the cloud, I never thought of that. Nice touch.

Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Grantx for this post: