DOM & Math | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

DOM & Math

Vendor: www.jigsawtrading.com 
Bangkok

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: MultiCharts.NET, S5, Ninj
Broker/Data: AMP, S5, IB
Favorite Futures: ES

OK - so somethings can appear to be mathematical when they are not.

For example, the mathematics behind hitting a tennis ball back across a net to land in a specific spot - they are quite complex. So you could think 'wow - our brains are doing all that math' - but it's not like that really. Just because something can be expressed with math, does not make it a mathematical endeavor.

What I would say with this sort of stuff is if you are looking for a "1 rule trading system" e.g., when this > that and the other = something else. You won't get anywhere.

As you've gotten nowhere with indicators, you have to consider whether you might be taking the same failed approach to the DOM - trying to turn it into a mechanical system with math. The market is a living, breathing mass of people that get excited and then caught offside. I think you should have a think about maybe embracing discretionary trading rather than moving from mechanizing charts to mechanizing the DOM.

But - good luck!

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io "Ask Me Anything" thread
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to Jigsaw Trading for this post: