Trading Account Sizing | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Trading Account Sizing

Suffield, CT

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: MC, NT, Python, R
Broker/Data: IB, Oanda, IQFeed
Favorite Futures: ES, NQ, YM, CL, RB, 6E

Big Mike View Post
I see the majority of responses so far indicate retirement is >10x greater than speculative. I am glad to see this, I was fearing it would not be the case.

Now some people have said they have no retirement account, which isn't the best of news. But everyone has their own financial situation of course.

What is also interesting is that so far very few people have indicated they are trading from their actual retirement account. I figured quite a few would be doing this.

Mike

I trade futures exclusively within an IB-based IRA that seems to work relatively well. I've had other "investments" at Fidelity & Vanguard that did well pre-2000 (and 2016-2017) but with 2018 having gone sideways, I'm back to trying to make .5%-1%/day the "hard way" .

-Guy

Follow me on Twitter Visit my Facebook Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to Fu510n for this post: