VWAP filtering suggestions | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

VWAP filtering suggestions

Milwaukee, WI, USA

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Favorite Futures: Equities

VWAP filtering suggestions

I am putting together an indicator to send an alert when price reverts to the VWAP then, presumably, continues an existing trend.
I am finding it difficult to reduce the number of signals to a reasonable level and wondered if anyone can suggest a way to filter the conditions.

I am using a VWAP with a couple of envelopes and am looking for instances where (for a bull trend) the VWAP is rising, but a bar closes within the first envelope AND has a lower wick >= 50% of the bar's range. I also added that the low should be the lowest recent low. I still get too many signals.

I considered requiring price to be outside the envelopes a few bars ago, but that leaves out valid situations where price is staying within a narrow channel.

Any suggestions?

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote