Best Time of The Year To Start Trading? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Best Time of The Year To Start Trading?

Market Wizard
San Jose, CA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: Dorman Trading, Kinetick
Favorite Futures: NQ/YM all day every day, maybe only one 1-3 times per day.

If you're trading futures, you really don't need to worry about this. Stocks are more subject to this in my opinion. Time when volume is lighter is around three day weekends, holidays, winter and spring break. I personally wouldn't worry about it. At one point I thought the same thing about the summer months, not sure why, last year was pretty good. I guess when you hear on forums summer doldrums and something about May and traders go away. There are always opportunities to be had. In trading less is more, unless you are talking about contract/lot/or share size. I used to say
be careful on Friday's, but it really doesn't matter what day of the week. There are at least a couple good days a week. When the market isn't clear to you, sit on your hands.

Sent using the futures.io mobile app

"Small disciplines repeated with consistency every day lead to great achievements gained slowly over time."
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 6 users say Thank You to teamtc247 for this post: