Found 100% winning system. Now what should i do? | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Found 100% winning system. Now what should i do?

Kassel / Germany

Trading Experience: None
Platform: MC
Broker/Data: IB
Favorite Futures: CL/NG/ES

You must be lucky to find something like that. So one way to handle such a piece of Gold is hide it, trade it and get rich, buy a mansion in Cabo and enjoy the life.

Or you could treat it what it is, scam and forget about it.

A short story: In the last months I developed several strategies for Multicharts and on one branch pursuing and refining them they shocked me for days even though it was the most simple signal calc I ever had. It wasn't martingale and timeframe with M15 big enough, data based upon Bid-Ask-1s, appr. 58% profit. with CRV of 1,5. I was scared about the incredible equity curve, working great on backtest and ok on live forward tests, about 2-4 trades a day. Can't be real I though, way better than any system I wrote for MT4 and there were a lot of them. So what did I do? I checked all things thoroughly, trying to eliminate one problem after another, always in mind the difference between back test result and the ongoing live test. The result didn't scared me anymore but was a good base to build on. So beside some irony that's the thing how to handle such superior systems, inspect every single piece of that system or throw it away not wasting time on it.

Ppl developing systems have checked many such great systems found on the net and most of the time it takes seconds or minutes to say that it's just crap.

The following user says Thank You to PK 1 for this post: