Book Discussion: Bloomberg Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Book Discussion: Bloomberg Visual Guide to Candlestick Charting

Houston, TX

mahanik21 View Post
Didn't read the book (so you can ignore from this point on if you want)

i just think the whole candle stick pattern argument is so unsubstantiated. I studied everything to learn the markets for thee past 8 years and candle sticks was one of them.

now that i am getting better and better at back testing etc. i have yet to see any conclusive proof that candle stick patterns give an edge. If there is some one else out there that is seeing way better results in testing candles tick patterns i am all ears.

You may be right. The more I am reading it, the more I realize that I am wasting my time. They start by showing some rare patterns, that I have never seen.

In your 8 years of studies, what books and resources have you found helpful? I just finished Brooks' Reading Price Charts. What do you think of that one? What is worthy of studying?